Monday, May 7, 2012

One sketch, three looks...

Time to start posting some layouts that I actually have scrapped over the past couple weeks...as you know I was away a couple weeks ago up at Loon Lake and the Ultimate Scrapbook Retreats...in April I was able to treat myself to a four day weekend of Scrapbooking...it's the only retreat that they offer for Thursday to Sunday...I love the extra day, it's amazing what you can get done with that extra day!

So we had a sketch at Let's Scrap a few weeks back for cards...now as soon as I saw what Debby had created, I thought only of layouts! Here's her sketch and some photos of how I used it for inspiration around getting three dance layouts completed for my daughter's Dance album!


Some really old embellies I've had laying around, so glad to put them to use!



These layouts are getting added to my daughters dance album...and seeing as they are all the same size, it was hard to try to think up multiple different looking layouts...but working with the same sketch made it fast and they all do look different even if I used the same sketch to start off  with!



My handy Exacto blade came to good use here as I didn't want to cover the wings on this emblem...the cork embellie and studs worked great with the military looking dance photo :)




Super plain layout...not really finished in my eye, but done nonetheless! Marissa had the best most perfect hair, so the photographer had her placed in the middle :) I love the stars here and the pink alphabet sheet stickers in felt were a great size to work with!



This last layout was fun because I was using up some of the tags I've collected that I liked from the kids' clothes! I thought they added a sassy attitude to the layout seeing as that was how I felt they danced to this song :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.