Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How-to use multi-pocket sleeves in your Scrapbooking...

Hello! Today I want to show you how I've used some of my Multi-Pocket page protectors 'IN' my regular scrapbook albums...I started with the Becky Higgins page protectors but now that I've felt the difference between those and our new Close To My Heart multi-pocket page protectors...I have to say that the CTMH ones are AWESOME!!! so sturdy, they are exactly the same fabulous weight that our 12x12 page protectors are which is fantastic!

Last year's trip to Hawaii was perfect for 'multi-pocket' scrapbooking...I took so many photos but did not want to scrapbook all of them! There are several photos that I wanted to highlight in a layout and lots of other photos that have their place in the album but not in a double page or single page layout...so this is what I did with our visit to Pearl Harbour.

This is how the two pages look in the album (above) and here's some closer shots of the left and right pages...remember that these photos were taken in their page protectors so the quality isn't as good but you get the idea!

I used some of the Tommy papers which were perfect for this outing...I had some other cards from my Studio Calico Project Life kits as well...I like to mix up my products...I like the organic look when I mix up the manufacturers.

Now this is the next page...continuing on with the Tommy paper collection from CTMH, I used the complementary stamp set and embellishments to tie all these pages together...I like to embellish my 3x4 and 4x6 cards and I like to bring my layout papers into my multi-pocket scrapbook pages as well.
These next pages are also in my Hawaii vacation album...here's how the two pages look in the album:
On our first day we went to Walmart to buy a couple extra chairs (you have to pay for lounge chairs daily where we were staying!), a thermos bag (for keeping our contraband...aka. booze chilled) and some water toys/boards...I like to purchase stuff and then leave it for other vacationers when we leave!
The photos aren't always super pretty...like the one in the top right corner...but seeing as this was our last vacation before Jaime's dad passed away in June...I wanted to include all of the photos of his dad. You can see in the left page above that I've taken some of the papers and embellishments that I used in the single page layout and carried them into this multi-pocket layout, this is how you create a continual feel and look. The photos that I've included on the left page are not photos I would have scrapbooked all together in a layout, whether it be a single or double page as the events are from all over the first day...but in the multi-pocket page format it works!

These next two pages are at the very beginning of my album, after the title page (which you can see HERE if you'd like)...this is how it looks in the album:

The left single page layout was a great way to use up strips from a kit...also, I really wanted to create a layout with this photo...can you imagine a sandcastle sculpture in the middle of the hotel lobby!!! How cool was that!

The right multi-pocket page has a collection of photos of our hotel from the front and the back (beach view)...
I also had the one photo of Olivia enjoying the random rain showers while we were trying to enjoy the sunshine...I wanted to put some of the pictures of the Christmas decorations on this spread as well so that only left me with one spot to create a small journalling card which I embellished with leftover bits from the single layout...worked out well I think.
Organizing my album in an event/daily way from the start of our trip through to the end helps to create a cohesive/fluid album...which is more enjoyable to look through from my perspective!

All in all, using these fantastic multi-pocket pages in your albums makes recording your trips/events/year etc so much faster and easier...you can keep it simple or embellish as much as you'd like.

I hope you found this helpful, if you'd like any help with your project or have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me! If you'd like to see some of our various page protectors available please visit my website HERE or contact me for more information!

Happy Tuesday and thanks for stoppin' in!

 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Kristine!!! Love your layouts and great use of the pocket pages :-) You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. I mix them too with scrap pages. But it is even better if you keep the cplpur scheme. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect. I mix them too with scrap pages. But it is even better if you keep the colour scheme. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this! I never got into Project Life and thought it was just one more thing to do when I was already behind. But because I am behind and take too many pictures, I am actually getting excited about this new Picture My Life line. Thanks again! Can't wait to do some scrapbooking again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is your solution Rachel ! It is the answer we are all looking for! Too many photos too little time!

      Delete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.