Friday, April 17, 2020

Scrap Your Stash

Hello! How are you?! we are something like 5 weeks into our Corona Virus #stayhome situation right now and  I'm wondering what all of you are doing to keep yourself distracted from the world's event?

For me, scrapbooking is the greatest therapy of all...and I'm fortunate that I have so much STASH in my home that I could be home for years without running out! LOL


Yesterday's video in the Scrap Your Stash series I've started on my Facebook Page I was working with this sketch from our Close To My Heart 'Make It From Your Heart Volume 2' 


 There are loads of fantastic how-to designs in this book and it gives you exact measurements for cutting plus images to help you visualize other versions of each sketch also!




So this is what I used as a reference for the three photos I wanted to work with and this is how it turned out...you'll note that I just created the left page in this sketch!


So I made this sketch design work for me. I preferred the look of the Beach Script PP flush with the RHS edge of the Kraft CS edge. I also was working with some pieces I had leftover (scraps) and so my PP on the far left is off from the sketch but remember that a sketch is a starting off point, so don't obsess over 'exact' because no one knows any differently when they're looking through YOUR ALBUM!!!


The point as well when working through your stash...get into your embellishments! YES! I mean ALL of them, not just the ones that you purchased with your specific papers. You have a literal TREASURE in your creative spaces, so get on into them and start considering 'collecting' all your 'chachskis', 'bits and baubles', 'embellishments' into one storage style so you can use your stash more easily and have fun mixing things up!


Yiddish: Knickknacks, collectables, figurines. Small figures and mememtos that can be bought at gas stations, dollar stores, gift shops, tourist destinations, etc. These are usually used to give to friends or to decorate cubicles. Sometimes placed in curio cabinets and so forth.


I bought some lovely chachskis for my scrapbook page from Kristine!

Speaking of chachskis, I was able to locate some beach'y ones that came with these No Worries papers (in my scraps) of years gone by... PLUS using up more of the 'bits' which was AWESOME!


Can you see how I've sanded the edges of these photos? A great way to define, highlight or make them pop without having to mat them with CS...I created some extra 'scratch' lines with my sanding technique to add to the effect which I really like!

Thank you for popping by today and follow the Facebook link (above) to see the Scrap Your Stash videos if you're looking for something to do!!!

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.