Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Let's Scrap shall we...???

Well it's Wednesday once again, funny how that happens every week...but with each new Wednesday comes a new sketch at Let's Scrap so that much is good! 

Now with that let's take a look at what I've been creating and how I've used this weeks sketch!


Digging up some summer fun photos from years past and I discovered this one of my daughter and our old neighbours playing in the sprinkler in the backyard...seeing as we haven't actually seen much sun here in B.C. for much of June and July, I really don't have any photos yet from this summer!


I created the sunburst first and then decided on the lower half paper and then hunted for the photo...kinda backwards for sure as I struggle to find anything that I liked and that I found worked...


I will probably go back and add some machine stitching to this one along each starburst because it still doesn't feel finished to me...


I found some Basic Grey doily ribbon, adhesive backed and of course my stash of paper doilies...liked repeating this element to go with the patterned paper. I also love to increase the texture so I needed to add some felt circles and twine to finish off this small embellishment.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

10 comments:

  1. you did a lovely job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the yellow, the doilies, and the sunburst! Super great layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used soft colors on this yet managed to convey such a sense of energy and fun! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, this sunburst is a little tricky but fun, so worth it !

      Delete
  4. Love your work Kristine! This layout is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done with this sunburst sketch! All the yellows make perfect sun rays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you Kristine...looking forward to see its real finishing touch so ring me a bell after you have sewn the sun and added felt & twine :) I know that will be nicer; well this one is still beautiful :)
    Hugs!
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.