Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Capture the Date...in November only!


Welcome to another fantastic SOTM BlogHop featuring 68 super creative Close To My Heart Consultants and November's stamp of the month 'Capture the Date'

If you've arrived here from Kim Schnoor's Blog then you are on the right track and if you're starting here, no worries this is a circular hop, if you've gotten lost somewhere along the way, refer to the complete list of hoppers at the end of this post.....I hope you enjoy all the wonderful creations this month!


Two words...Project Life...that is my resolution starting this week, forget about January 1st or New Years Resolutions (click on the link if you're not familiar with PL)...I have no trouble keeping busy and having fun scrapbooking my photos, but I have always really wanted to start doing Becky Higgins' Project Life and I have finally gone online and ordered special cards, page protectors and albums...BUT if you are thinking of starting some type of 'Project Life' scrapbooking...you CAN do it with stamps, cardstock and papers and CTMH's page protectors just as easily, well maybe not totally easier, but quite beautifully...sorry for the dark'ish photos, took them in my workshop instead of in some bright light outdoors!


Now in preparing for the addition of a"Project Life" concept behind SOME of my scrapbooking, I thought that this month's SOTM set is perfect for some journalling cards and identifying the weeks and dates of events...


Now I just started stamping the journalling frames and adding the Months in different colours and then cut them out...this way when the time comes for me to add them to my page protectors, they will be ready to go!



These are the colours that I used in case you were interested :)




Now for those of you tht are actually reading my post and aren't familiar with 'Project Life', you 'Title' your two page spread with the week you are highlighting so after cutting out the letters for the 'week' I then stamped the week, so I have a record of what 'week 1' of 2013 is going to look like, which is Dec.30th - Jan.5th...and I embellished it with some flowers out of the Flirty paper collection..a little fussy cutting and my 4X6 Title card is ready to go for 2013!


I'm super excited to start this different scrapbooking experience and hope to be able to share it with all of you as I go...I might even play with 2012 to get warmed up for January!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Now off you go to Terry Ann Diack's Blog to see what she's created with this super versatile stamp set too!

Here's a full list of hoppers in case you get lost along the way!

Kathleen Androlewicz http://BowlOfStamps.blogspot.com
Elizabeth Mindemann http://www.ejoym.blogspot.com
Carla Ironside http://carlacreates.ca

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Kristine! Such a great way to utilize this stamp set! THANKS for inspiring me with your creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with Project Life, I've always wanted to do that. I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I am going to start this week now that I've ordered all the PL stuff and it has arrived...I think it'll make me feel like I'm doing the present day experiences instead of feeling like a race to catch up, which is impossible and not very fun!

      Delete
  3. Love this idea, one of the most useful ones I've seen. Great to have these made up ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lynn, I've already put two cards to use! Really a great idea to pre-make them...when you feel like stamping you stamp, when you want to crete, you just grab and go...no extra work ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks! Yes, I'm thinking of creating a Club around it!

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.