Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Card or Layout???


Well it could be either....can't it? This is what I love about the sketches over at Let's Scrap...when I first saw this sketch I wanted to make a layout...it makes a great card too but this photo of Olivia with Mt.Baker in the background was perfect for it.


This photo is so reflective, it reminds me of the next stage in her life after graduation..looking to the horizon and future...the whole world at her beautiful feet!


I literally found this ribbon downstairs and decided to incorporate it here...at first I thought maybe it was too thick but I like how it reminds me of a tuxedo bow tie!


Found some great sentiments in my collection of stamp sets and I like how they all said what I'm thinking as I created this layout :)


I added some bling between the words for separation but also because it is her prom picture and it needs some BLING !

In the end this photo is what I want to notice the most, so keeping the embellishing to a minimum let that happen :)

Thanks for stopping by today...have a great Wednesday!


3 comments:

  1. So creative and what a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jumped over to have a closer look at that lovely LO. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Definitely a good call to keep things clean and simple! The words and bling are perfect (is it a circle or journaling? it's both!) I love the colorful (and beautiful) photo set against the rough, neutral background! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.