Saturday, June 30, 2012

June's 'get messy' challenge

Firstly, this was quite a stretch for me to say the least, challenge, yes...I cracked open my jar of Gesso, that I've had for a very long time but haven't used until today!

I'm so glad that Carmen hosted this 'get messy' challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges

Here's my layout:


I've smeared the gesso on the patterned paper and then added some more and scrapped a grooved tool through it...left it to dry for an hour as I had some thick splotches.


You can just barely see the shimmer in this frame which was hand cut from a sheet of patterned paper.


Don't you just love seeing the texture and dimension that this gesso adds to this layout ?


You can also see the faint bit of spritz that I've added with a smoosh spritzer...it had some shimmer to it as well.


Here's the sheets that I've hand cut to create some embellishments to go with this paper collection from SEI...

So glad you've popped in today, I hope you try to mix things up a bit with paint/gesso/inks and 'get messy' !!!



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful layout, Kristine! First, of course, because of its subject matter (congrats to the whole family on this graduation)! Since I am now knee deep into the world of art journaling, Gesso (several kinds) has become a permanent resident in my craft loft! I love using it, and you have done so beautifully here. Love the textured patterns that you have created. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Kay, I really like the mixing it up concept...will need to try something else with it soon :)

      Delete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.