Friday, June 29, 2012

Colour Challenge

Good Morning!

I was having a great time today playing along with a couple challenges over at the Scrapbook Challenges site. 
The one I'm going to show you today is the June 'Colour Challenge' and was hosted by Emilia from their Design Team.
 She wanted us to work with this colour palette as our inspiration:



and this is what I came up with:




I came upon these papers at Bryan's store, Paper Nation...I loved the look of them, the colours and I'm loving all this wood grain paper, so of course I needed it! 


Made some fun and easy embellishments with my circle punches and cut my felt with my circle die from Sizzix...crinkled and layered and voila...add some brads and they were ready to add to this layout...I find it a little more challenging to embellish more masculine layouts but I think this one worked out fine :)



I love my twine...raised the card stock matted photo on some 3D foam tape to add some dimension and to make the twine look better :)

Thanks so much for checking in today, tomorrow I'll be sharing my  June 'By The Numbers' Challenge layout that Cathy has hosted this month!

2 comments:

  1. Your son is proving quite the model for some magical layouts. I love color challenges, and, of course, you rocked this one! Those simple circle flowers get me every time...they just pop. When you get right down to it, it all comes back to Matthew's smile--its contagious! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your too sweet Kay! Matthew does have quite a look about him...it sure helps to make some fun layouts with great models though, and some great challenges :)

      Delete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.