Friday, June 15, 2012

Scrapbook Challenges

Hello my scrappy-friends...it is a beautiful sunny day here, just one in the past seven, but I'll take that :)

I thought I'd share a layout with you today that I've created for the Scrapbook Challenges DT Call.

As I've shared over the past few months some different Challenge and Sketch sites with you, Scrapbook Challenges is a wonderful place for those of you that are Traditional, Digital or Hybrid Scrapbookers and are looking for another place that offers sketches and weekly challenges.

I have discovered over the past year that I LOVE Sketches and challenges as they help me get more scrapbooking done and a variety of challenges helps to encourage us all to scrapbook perhaps a little out of our comfort zone...perhaps even discovering something that we now really love to do!

Well this morning I took a look at this sketch, dug up two sweet photos of my niece Jada and got to work...



and this is what I've created for the Scrapbook Challenges Design Team application fingers crossed they like it, but even if I'm not successful, I know where to go for some great Sketches and Challenges and I hope you do to!


I found a full roll of super special ribbon that I've been hoarding for years because it's super pretty and I like to keep things forever...but it looks lovely here and my niece is super special too, so this is the perfect place for it !!! I've also raised the photo of Jada and created a Polaroid feel with the cardstock I've matted it on...and some fun butter yellow twine adds some nice dimension.


Now you could easily carry this across two pages by meeting the inside edges of the patterned paper flush together and continuing the banner across two pages...


I've used the My Mind's Eye 'This & That' line and purchased the coordinating sticker sheet to go with the five different patterned papers I purchased...it made creating this banner super easy and quick! 



I love digging into my stash of goodies and finding flowers or other do-dads that work nicely with my project even if they weren't purchased together...these flowers were in my stash and the colours worked great for this layout...don't be afraid to piece things together as you will always find something fun to add texture and dimension to your projects!

Thanks for stopping by today...off to work on my BC Crop for Kids classes...check out my classes tab on my Blog for more details of my upcoming classes :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Good luck with the design team call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! It does help that my niece is so darn cute...love Scrapbooking them

      Delete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.