Monday, October 15, 2012

Paris in Springtime

Olivia went to Paris with her school in Grade 11 which was about 20 months ago! I haven't scrapbooked any of her photos until last weekend at all but I think I felt the desire to start working on them seeing as my Mother is currently in Paris with her girlfriend!

She decided, upon her daughter's suggestion (that's me!) to start a daily blogging journal for those of us stuck at home, so we can keep up on her adventures and see some of the sights she is seeing while she's still there! I like that my Mother is also posting photos of what they are eating and describing it all in great detail...wonderful idea to blog your trip even for your own benefit!

Anyways, this layout is using some fantastic papers and embellies from Basic Grey and odd bits from Making Memories...I love the peaceful feeling I get when I look at this photo that Olivia took on her visit to Paris,wish I was there!


Great chipboard embellies from BG, made putting this layout together fast and easy!



Here's last weeks sketch#316 from Scrapbook Challenges, I've used the single page but I've also included the double page layout below.




Now I've used the double page layout sketch#317 from this week at Scrapbook Challenges and started in theory but then went off on my own! I like that sketches are always a great starting point, but often we just get going on our own after that!


More Basic Grey papers and Bazzill cardstock


Using up the last of my Close To My Heart folded ribbon, love this stuff!


Purchasing some of the embellies that coordinate with your papers is always a great idea as it makes it short work creating a layout when you aren't hunting around for those embellies to match!


I've used up some scrap airplane ribbon from Making Memories, love that ribbon!



The double and single sketches from Scrapbook Challenges this week!


 I hope you are having a fantastic week and thanks for stopping in here :)



3 comments:

  1. Fabulous sketches and even better pictures (memories).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so surprised that she got such great photos too! She is learning :) Thanks Casandra!

      Delete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.