Thursday, September 13, 2012

my life is nuts...

Or maybe...my life in a nutshell...not sure which is truer? but as much as renovating is fun and exciting, it is also stressful and MESSY! 

This is pretty much what I've been doing for weeks:


and I've even kept it plugged in...which isn't typically me as I like everything to have its place and everything to be in its place!

So this week our deck construction is waiting on our flooring guy, all we've got to do is the stonework, put the siding back on the house and finish the floors. 

On the deck floor we have decided to go with a finish that will look like tile but it's actually a type of epoxy finish, durable like concrete but won't crack in different weather conditions...sounds great, looks even better but unfortunately this guy is super busy and we have to wait for him to have a day to do the weatherproofing on the deck first before we can continue on and finish the rest...he will put the finished deck product on last once everything else is completed...so this is what it's looking like today:


Jeff has gotten the corner fireplace framed, which changes the look considerably and I really like it! The stonework and framing will continue all the way up into the ceiling on the fireplace with the beam running through it...harder to visualize now.


I'm working on quotes for my chandelier and wall sconces...fingers crossed I can get some smaller quotes as the prices are crazy and now that I know what I want...I want it!


The siding guys are going to have some fun trying to get our old pieces back up, kinda like a puzzle and seeing as it is now discontinued...we have to make sure we get every last piece back on there!


This is the part I am really looking forward to...seeing my deck through the windows inside the house...I have had these shutters closed for years, because of the excessive amount of light and also because I didn't always want to see the yard or neighbours yard...soon I will get to see some lovely rock work and our outdoor fireplace...getting excited :)


6 comments:

  1. Looks like quite a project but you've described it well. It deserves its own scrapbook page, for sure...complete with construction workers. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Casandra! I will definitely be needing to put together a page or two of construction progress...including workers
      ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow Kristine! It looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! I'm hoping my vision will look as good in reality as it does in my head!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kristine,

    I ventured over here from Lili's blog. That extension to your house looks like it's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So glad to meet another blogger from so far away!!!

      Delete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.