Monday, November 26, 2012

Fast and easy sketch

Good morning!

I've got a super fast and easy sketch here courtesy of Scrapbook Challenges and I was able to fire off one more layout in Olivia's Travel Album, so I'm that much closer to getting her up to date...with the help of some Project Life sleeves...she will just need to add some journalling to the pages I've done and onto the note cards and she'll have a completed album from her travels so far!

This page was fun to do because of the silly photos of her and her gal pal posing with the giant stuffed bears in the Calgary Airport...she had a couple hour layover, waiting to continue onto Quebec for her school trip to begin!


I had lots of fun designing the title to cut from my newly purchased Silhouette...it is fun trying to figure out new tech'y things like melding words to cut all as one!



I used the stickers from this Simple Stories paper line and just popped them up onto 3D foam tape for the airplane and then carefully cut out the scrap/negative off the sticker sheet to get the outline you see on the top of the layout...a little fussy, but I was happy with the way it turned out! Note: I used my little Xyron to adhere the tiny letters, makes it less messy to turn these guys into stickers and easier to position them :)


You could easily get the same look by using different alphabets to create your title and cut arrow shapes from patterned paper to mimic the sketch if you wanted :) Have a great Monday and thanks so much for taking the time to stop in here :)


I've done the single of this sketch but you could have fun with the double too!






No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.