Thursday, November 22, 2012

more Hexagons!

This is one fun sketch, it uses my favourite photo configuration and it has octagons! I already had this 5x7 printed out and it is a bit of a stand alone photo from my daughter's Paris trip as there aren't any other photos so I've used it instead of the sketch photo suggestions...you can do that you know! 

Look at a sketch for it's basic design and make it work for your photos! Don't get hung up on the presentation of it in the sketch, if it's showing you a landscape 4x6 and all you have is a portrait 4x6...go for it! Make these sketches work for you and your photos as they are a great starting off point and don't need to be taken literally, just use them to get your creativity flowing!


I found this Jenni Bowlin 'Vintage Finds' paper collection and stickers at my LSS last week and when I did I thought of this sketch, even though it's was Team A's sketch...I just had to play along with it too!!!


All of the hexagon shapes were from the sticker sheet I purchased to go with this paper collection and then I matted them on black card stock.


Aren't these wood veneer hexagons by Studio Calico awesome!?? I inked them a bit with some Brown Bag ink from CTMH and layered them around my page :)


Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.