Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Spring BREAK adventure

Good morning!

I am almost seeing the light at the end of the tunnel at Casa Ponte...the deck renovations are pretty much complete, Halloween party-done, Olivia's weekend return from UNBC and family dinner-done...now it's time to put things back and tidy up the house after the weeks and weeks of different contractors have been in and out of the house!

In addition to that, it's time to get back to some preserving of memories and recording them here on my Blog!

I am never short of sketches with the two Design Teams that I am on and this week at Let's Scrap we are featuring a sketch by the wonderfully talented Enikö DeLisle! Please take a moment in your BlogHopping to look at her wonderful blog! Enikö always has helpful tutorials and tips and shows you the process she takes with creating her beautiful artwork...something you don't always see here!

As you know I love the small details, in life and in scrapbooking! this little zipper pull seemed like a frivolous purchase, most of my scrapbooking purchases really are! but I just HAD to get them...wasn't sure what on earth I'd actually do with them but Prima's new collection called 'Junkyard Findings' are just awesome!



I was so surprised to see that Bazzill Basics had a patterned paper line! It has a great texture of course and a lot of the papers in this collection were pre-printed like you see below...I've just added the pink pieces across the layout!



Now some of you might say, 'Who needs another cutting machine?' and I said to myself that I certainly don't! BUT I've been eyeing the 'Cut It Up' class over at Studio Calico and I have also been admiring the cut title and embellie work throughout the Web and over at Lets Scrap...so I thought...'What the Heck!' right!?? because for those that know me, know that I LOVE to make my own embellies from papers/fabric/felt that coordinate with my layouts and as much as I get sucked into really cool embellies like those Prima zipper pulls...I love the feeling of creating an embellishment instead of paying for one!



After signing up for the class at Studio Calico AND ordering the Silhouette Machine from them as well...I have to say that I am 200% happy with my decision! The fact that I can design my own titles, with the fonts I already have on my computer, download designs instantly to use right away! SOLD...if you didn't already know, I'm an extremely Impatient person and if I want something, I wanted it yesterday!!! Finding the right colours for my title was as easy as looking through my cardstock! and so much cheaper!!!


I love this photo of my hubby giving my eldest daughter a hug (kinda fake, like he's worried, which he wasn't I might add) before we took her to the airport on her first ever trip without her family! Her French Immersion class went to Quebec, Canada in her Grade 8 year of Middle School, super fun for her, super scary for Mom having her fly without me at 13 years old! Don't you just love those arrows! I cut those out !!!


I couldn't completely break from my alphabets so I just cut the 'Spring' out from a handwriting font on my computer...took all of two minutes to type it, size it and cut it!!! LOVE my new Silhouette!!!

Here's this weeks sketch before I forget!



Have a great day and I hope you have a chance to play along this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.