Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Nostalgia

Good Morning!

I have been enjoying the My Mind's Eye 'Nostalgia' collection lately and a couple of great sketches I thought I'd share with you this morning!

First up is Scrapbook Challenges sketch from Monday and some older photos from my childhood, these are slides that I have scanned and then tweaked on iPhoto and printed. There aren't that many of me as a younger child as we didn't take that many photos back in the day of 35mm film...

This paper collection is aptly named Nostalgia as it really worked well with these old photos...


I still need to journal on these layouts but I will need to talk to my parents and see if they remember where these photos were taken and the approximate year etc.


Not sure if you can make out what we are eating in this photo, but we were camping with my Dad and he figured that a cold can of pork and beans was good enough for dinner with some bread and butter!


I'm loving my Silhouette machine and these cut arrows, so cute!
Here's the single and double sketch from Scrapbook Challenges



Now moving onto today's Let's Scrap sketch I wasn't quite finished with the 'Nostalgia' papers and stickers yet and this was literally a ten minute layout, easy peasy....I just used the RHS of the sketch as it worked with my photos :)


Now the great thing about getting paper packs is that they usually include a sticker sheet and a die cut sheet, so when you are working with these paper packs, your layouts can always come together nice and quick...


I simply raised my 'memory' die cut with 3D foam tape for added dimension and found some pre-made tags from another paper collection (Pink Paislee's new 'Portfolio') and that was that! Still need to journal on this one too...gonna need to bring these over to my parents house and have a coffee and some conversation!


the pink scalloped strip was from the border sticker sheet that came with theses papers, did I say this one was fast and easy?!

This is today's sketch from Let's Scrap...


Thanks so much for stopping in today and I hope you have a chance to play along with these great sketches!



3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the way you incorporated the twine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casandra! I definitely have a twine addiction...along with my CTMH Kraft cardstock!!!

      Delete
    2. Awesome pages! Im a twine addict too :)

      Delete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.