Sunday, December 2, 2012

let's start 12 Days of Challenges...

Hello and welcome to the12 Days of Challenges...

I've started late, Christmas parties are already disrupting my days ;)

Over at Scrapbook Challenges we are hosting 12 Days of Challenges. We started on December 1st and will post a challenge a day until the 12th...you can join in and do each challenge individually OR you can do what's referred to as a 'progressive' challenge, where you add each element to your layout each day...

So far we've got:

~ On the 1st day of challenges Amanda challenged you, use holiday ads for a sketch... If you're like me, you've already had the holiday shopping ads start piling up, but I bet you never thought to turn to them for layout inspiration did you?! To get you warmed up for the next 11 days of challenges, my challenge for you today is to pick up one of those ads and create a sketch based off of it. You don't have to actually make a layout with it just yet, just post a picture of the ad and your sketch together.

 
~ On the 2nd day of challenges Carmen challenges you, to use some of those STAMPS you have... The twist for this challenge is that you don´t have to use any Christmas related STAMP! A non traditional Christmas layout! Change the colors, stamp the title, stamp the embellies, posibilities are endless!

So for me, I've created my 1st Day challenge and used this Advertisement and came up with this sketch:






Do you like my festive colours in this sketch?...I'm not a Photoshop sketch artist, so this was made using Windows Pages and I added text boxes and shapes and changed the fill colour to create this sketch...leave it to the experts I like to say but this is what I'll base my layout off of for the next 12 days!

I've decided to create a Progressive layout and post my changes to this layout as each challenge is posted at the Scrapbook Challenges site each day for you to see!

Now for my 2nd Day challenge I've added some stamping:


I've fussy cut these stamped images out and will use them as embellishments on my layout...I hope you are going to join me with these fun challenges, if you're joining late, don't worry, just follow the steps before and catch up! Or do a layout based on the individual challenges...either is great and you'll have a few more layouts completed in the process :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.