Monday, December 3, 2012

on the 3rd Day of Challenges...


Over at Scrapbook Challenges we are hosting 12 Days of Challenges. We started on December 1st and will post a challenge a day until the 12th...you can join in and do each challenge individually OR you can do what's referred to as a 'progressive' challenge, where you add each element to your layout each day...

On the 3rd day of challenges Emilia challenged you, alter the color...


I'm working on a 'progressive' layout and here's where I'm at today...the challenge was to alter the colour so I've added some paint to the edges of my cardstock piece...


I wanted to add some pink to match my background base piece and after painting the edges decided to add a bit of Cranberry ink to deepen the colour a bit around the edges...


It's difficult to get a photo of this and actually show you the true colours, as taking pictures inside without a flash isn't the greatest, but you should be able to get the idea of where I'm going with this :)



Now lastly, I've attached my piece to my background base and I'm ready to start putting this together...see you on the 4th Day of Challenges to see what we need to add next!

I hope you are going to join me with these fun daily challenges, if you're joining late, don't worry, just follow the steps before and catch up! Or do a layout based on the individual challenges...either is great and you'll have a few more layouts completed in the process :) Thanks for stopping in today!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow how cool... want to go over and check it out... I will be following yours Kristine. Gorgeous blog.

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.