Wednesday, February 13, 2013

GIANT banners!

Hello Again!

I've got another fantastic sketch for you to get busy with! This time it's from Let's Scrap!

I love the GIANT banners!!! Another great way to showcase different busy patterned papers or maybe a rainbow of colours...you could definitley finish off some of those kits you have...I cut the strips about 2½" wide and using a 12" length, trim out your banner ends! Super simple, super fast and super great looking!!!


I only took a handful of photos of Oliver playing with this bottle cap...in the end I had only printed out six so I decided to take the scraps of each 4x6 photo and trim out the patio for the other two photo spots...my photos are 2x2 and then I cut out 2¼x2¼ white printer paper to mat them on...I've used the small corner rounder on the photos to make them look like little Instagram photos...


If you can believe it, these photos were taken with my iPhone!!! I still can't find my Nikon battery charger!!! Super frustrating but I am learning to take some great photos with my iPhone in the meantime...isn't this Macro shot great!???


This layout felt like it needed some more texture so I went a little crazy with the sewing machine...stitching and boys seem to go together in my mind...

I've decided to try to use up the rest of my February Bonus Kit from the Memory Workshop...I have to say that I seldom actually use all of any kit up, but I wanted to make a point of creating with this one until it was all gone!!! My sticker sheet is looking pretty bare and I actually used some of the flowers...not a giant fan of flowers so this was a stretch!

It just so happens to be the perfect colours for my newest family addition, Oliver!



Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in here today, I love having visitors and hearing from you in my comments...let me know if you get creative with this sketch! 
I'd love to hear from you :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I have never thought of large banners- will try this out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristine.... I love this layout was one of my faves. I cant believe you took the pics with your phone. They are great. Way to go... love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Room decorator creates artistic labels like them a lot.
    regular Friese, who calls himself "a devoted omnivore"
    concedes oysters inherent amendment has, based on
    it's label, a certain appeal.

    Check out my website; Go To These Guys

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.