Monday, February 11, 2013

Gotta love Doilies...

Hello! Now let me just say right off that I can't find my Nikon battery charger!!! It is very frustrating and in the meantime I've been using my iPhone to take all my layout photos...I am actually amazed at the quality of them, especially the macro shots!

Moving on...

I've got another layout using February's fantastic Bonus Kit from the Memory Workshop...Talk about making short work when you have the sticker sheet and these gorgeous doilies already done for you to just grab and stick down!

When I saw this sketch I just HAD to get these papers...I didn't realize until I opened the kit that there were some great textured papers in there! I LOVE how they add the look of pattern to a solid base!




Now you could sand the surface to get a completely different look, but I was happy with all the blue...the photo doesn't do it justice in this close up, it is truer in colour to the top photo.



I cut the doilies that were being covered up with photos and hanging off the base so that I could use the small bits elsewhere on this layout...I also popped up the lower grey one with 3D foam tape...this is going to be the perfect layout for the first page of our Hawaii 2012 holiday album!


Here's this week's Scrapbook Challenges sketch!


Thanks so much for popping in today, I hope you have fun with this sketch! Make sure you stop over at the Memory Workshop site to check out all of Sandra's great kits or to learn more about her Monthly Kit Clubs!


2 comments:

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.