Friday, July 26, 2013

Lakeside Scrapbooking...

Well I've had a great break away at the lake for July...still enjoying a few more days before I need to pack up and head back home. While here I've been plugging away on finishing up projects and completing sketches. The sunshine and lake are a big distraction during the daytime but the evenings once they cool down, make for a nice scrapbooking setting.


This is the view from the porch and front windows of the cabin we've been nestled in for July...as you can see we have been spending most daylight on our dock and evenings around the campfire...we are lucky there aren't any fire bans here just yet.


this is the sketch from Scrapbook Challenges for this week...I figured the dock was a great place to take some photos! This was from our Christmas last year in Hawaii...all the kids got some lessons in surfing!


These flowers were fussy cut from a sheet of Fancy Pants Down by the Shore...it was time consuming as opposed to stickers but worth it in the end :)  The surf board paper is from EP Paradise Beach collection and the camera and sentiment stickers are from the EP Urban Traveller collection.


My Project Life cards works very well to add a journalling spot or titles and sub-titles to any project...the colours were a great match too.


As you can see I'm still enjoying all my wood veneer bits on my layouts! The arrows are from Close To My Heart and the speech bubbles are from Studio Calico! Love them!!!

SBC sketch#354

Lately, I've been trying to keep it simple with my layouts and also incorporating the Project Life sleeves in amongst my albums...getting holidays completed and into albums for everyone to enjoy is the main goal and while I love to embellish and create little pieces of goodness throughout my albums, I want to have more albums completed and more photos printed out...scrapbooking every moment in a holiday isn't realistic and will lead to frustration instead of enjoyment in this fun hobby! 

Thanks so much for stopping in!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful layout Kristine. Love the colours and the clean lines. My fave. So glad that you are enjoying some chill time. Miss you at LS... hope you are doing ok and life is good xo

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.