Saturday, July 27, 2013

Up for some Challenges?

Every month over at Scrapbook Challenges we like to mix things up with different ways to inspire you or to get your creative juices flowing! Typically we, the Design Team, offer our members challenges meant to get you thinking and imagine that 'challenge' your creativity!

While I am more of a traditional scrapbooker in my style, I LOVE all the creative digital scrapbook layouts in the Gallery over at SBC too!

This month I've hosted a challenge to 'Scraplift' a digital layout from our gallery...I've already chosen the layout I want you to use, you just need to get creative using Jenny's layout as inspiration...easy right? Now seeing as I am just getting to this post on my blog here...you haven't got much time...but luckily the sketch design is so easy, all you need to do is dig into your bin of strips and scraps and start gluing them down!!!

Now here's Jenny's layout:

Click on this image to view Jenny's Gallery
Now here's my scraplift of her layout:


This one came together super easy only because I tend to keep little bits of this and that stored in this old embroidery floss storage container...all of my Project Life embellies get thrown into this container and it comes in handy when I want to add a little of this and that...


All of the little wood veneer bits fit well in here as well as those odd die cut bits and button badges...you get the idea!


Using the Echo Park Paradise Beach sticker sheet and some little bits of leftover paper strips...add in some washi tape and random stickers and embellies...


I had this 'today' cut out from my Silhouette machine for another project but didn't use it, so after coming across it in my hunt for embellies, I figured it worked well for my title :)


Something I like to do is have a bunch of pre-cut clouds in different shades of white and creme, cardstock and patterned paper as well...I toss them into a little pouch of die cut bits and have them handy when creating...I love to use the die-cut bits in my layouts and sometimes having to take the time to pull out my machines to do so is a deterrent...seeing as I'm on the road and didn't bring my machines up with me to the cabin for the month...having these bits ready to use in my pouch came in handy ;)

Did you notice that lovely bright yellow 'moments' circle? It's from Elle's Studio...haven't heard of it? Well I had the pleasure to meet her at the Crop and Create event in Burnaby a couple months ago, she is such a lovely lady and has a super line of products, be sure to click on the link above to check her line of products out! 

As you can see, having all these great little bits laying around from various companies, in an orderly fashion, make quick work of creating layouts...this page has lots to entertain you but the photo of my son is still sitting centre stage!

Thanks so much for stopping by and following me!

 Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous layout Kristine. A new challenge... will have to check it out. May be too late for this one but will follow from now. Love the colours - so fresh. Lovely to see your layouts again. xox

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.