Thursday, July 5, 2012

By the Numbers Challenge

I thought I'd share a layout with you today that I did last week for one of the June Challenges over at Scrapbook Challenges...this one was called 'By the Number's' and our challenge was to create a layout using only two sheets of patterned paper, one of them had to have numbers on it...the other rule was to use an actual number in the title!


This photo was taken at our friend's house, Olivia was pretending to play this guitar...my kids all love to pose for the camera...one of the best things they've learnt from their mother :)


It was definitely a challenge for me to only use two different sheets of patterned paper...I took that rule literally and used the back of one of the sheets...I also was able to use some border stickers to help embellish as well as my stash of misc. flowers, buttons and punches...



Layering up different pieces from your stash can result in some very unique embellishments...remember to have fun in the end, playing with challenges can really get you creating and maybe even doing some work that you wouldn't naturally do on your own!

Thanks for stopping in today and I really hope you check out some of the new challenges this July at the SC site...they are due at the end of this month and usually come with RAK from the host of each challenge :) Have fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is so very beautiful. But, what you do to present her to us, is amazing, too! Love following your blog, Kristine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so sweet Kay! thank you for all your kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Just love this – very creative. Thank you for the condolences.
    Wishing you a great week and don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT ember

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.