Monday, July 30, 2012

The Wait is Finally over...


Hello !  So glad you've stopped by today because we've got another great sketch for you from Scrapbook Challenges...this one is Sketch 306 and it worked great for the three pictures I had printed of Olivia's Convocation...



The paper's I'm using for Olivia's Convocation layouts are from SEI and their new 'Field Notes' paper collection...it has a bit of shimmer on some of the sheets and it also features Butterflies.


This has got to be the first time in a very long time, if ever, that I've used a pink sheet of cardstock as my base...weird huh?!!!


I chose this as a title because Olivia has been waiting, for what seems to her like FOREVER, to have this day arrive...bittersweet as she is feeling a little sad now that it is all over...now she realizes she has to grow up a bit and face the real world.


I used 1½" squares and folded them in half for this banner...I thought it looked a bit like her cap...I've also used some heavier thread in my sewing machine, I find that it shows up better on my layouts with the heavy weight thread.



Here's the double page layout for you to see and perhaps have a go at...I hope you get some scrapping done this week and hopefully some of the inspiration over at the SC site will help you along with that!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.