Monday, July 9, 2012

Just Call Me Cute'e :)

Jillibean Soup has been one of my favourite paper companies and when I saw this paper pack at one of my LSS, CherryLane Scrapbook Shoppe, and Leanne had only one package of this Neapolitan Bean Bisque left on the shelf...I hemmed and hawed...

AKA:
PHRASES
hem and haw; hesitate; be indecisive : I waste a lot of time hemming and hawing before going into action. 

...and then I thought, sheesh, just get the whole package Kristine, you'll use it! an of course I was right :) It is fantastic when these paper packages come with sticker sheets and die cut sheets so that any embellishing and accenting of your layouts can be done with relative speed and ease :)

In playing with Sketch303 over at Scrapbook Challenges, I decided this photo of my niece Sadie was the perfect one to use and I wanted to use this telephone sheet really badly...everytime I looked at this sheet I would sing Carly-Rae Jepson's, a new up and coming local girl in the music biz, song 'Call Me Maybe'...and when I'm looking at this paper and singing this tune I keep saying to myself, 'Just Call Me Cute'e' instead of 'Just Call Me Maybe'...so then title was created :)




My new favourite thing to do is make my own tags...because I'm loving twine SOOOOOO much these days, I just love to add them to these little tags, and what better way to add just a splash of more patterned paper too!


You can see the white machine stitching I've done with my sewing machine...I've changed the thread to a heavy weight one as it shows up better and has a heavier look to it which I really like :)




This is the double-page layout sketch, I chose the single this time but thought you might like to see the double, maybe this one will work for some photos you have ready to scrap!


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by @home with Studio K! See you next time!!!




1 comment:

  1. I was just on Carmen's blog, then Scrapbook Challenges, so this sketch is all too familiar to me. Love it, and your end result! Your photo is so precious, and, you are right, those papers are amazing! Well done, Kristine!

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.