Tuesday, March 12, 2013

need inspiration?

So glad you've stopped in!
I have found another fantastic scrappy site! Great sketches and Design Team inspiration...some great prizes up for grabs too! Check out inspired Blueprints !


I know it may sound funny, but I love how they present their sketches...nice and clean with the basic skeleton of the sketch...I prefer this as I find I don't obsess over the paper patterns in the sketch or try to duplicate them...I just look at the basic design and find photos and papers I want to work with...this makes the design and assembly so much simpler for many scrapbookers!

I took my nieces and kids to the Greater Vancouver Zoo in September last year...took oodles of photos of course but this is what I made from the sketch...


I've used three (3) sheets of 'Fall Fever' by Echo Park, CTMH cardstock (Juniper and Colonial White) and one sheet of CTMH patterned paper (wood plank background), assorted Twinery twine

You'll have noticed that I used two 4x6 photos instead of the one larger 6x8...always use your sketch as your starting off point...it's intended to help you with general design...not hinder you...so don't worry about 'exact' when you are looking at sketches...look at it from the perspective of "Do I like this sketch?" and "Can I work with this?"


I know it was crazy...but I fussy cut each leaf and owl...I just had to because they were the perfect accent from the scraps of paper I had left. These pictures aren't the greatest as we've had rain and more rain these past couple of days which makes everything dark and gloomy.


I've also entered this page in the 'Scrap Your Story'  Animals Challenge for this week :) You'll remember that I posted about this new Challenge site last week, four challenges a month and prizes up for grabs as well!!! What better incentive do you need? Check them out too :)

Now I mentioned earlier that I took oodles of photos of our Zoo visit...to add more photos with this layout and to be able to still journal about the day, I've incorporated some Project Life sleeves into my 'Everyday Life' album along with this layout above...here's how they look together:


I worked on this layout and four (4) PL sleeves to add to this event in my album for about 2 hours last night! I still need to add some journalling, but I wanted to show you how I'm starting to add these sleeves to my regular albums...


The 'You're a Hoot' came from the reverse side of the papers, the benefit of picking patterned paper with sentiments and cards on them.


I just know that I can't scrapbook everything I take photos of...so instead I'm just scrapbooking some of my favourite pictures and using Project Life for the rest...this way I can take bits of paper and stickers etc. and add them as well...it all still ties it together and looks fantastic too! But best of all I'm getting these photos into albums for people to enjoy instead of sitting on my computer!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a scrap-tastic week full of goodness!






8 comments:

  1. Love this Kristine! The photos, the papers, and your take on the sketch! I'm taking that same sort of approach to PL. I love that I can get more of those photos in that I might not have scrapped otherwise! Thanks for playing at Scrap Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this cute pack last Fall, too. I can't wait to use it now that I've seen what you've done with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fussy cut owls, it almost looks like a die cut! I really need to invest in some PL products, especially for things like vacation/holiday photos. Thanks for a gorgeous reminder that I can blend the two - the double page is lovely. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Your Story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That owl paper is awesome!!! Great take on the challenge!
    Thanks for playing along at SYS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristine honey so nice to see you playing along with us at SYS... I agree the IB is a fabulous place for sketches... dont you love this community where you can find all kinds of stuff. :D You layout is fabulous and I just love those papers. The photos are wonderful and I am sure a good time was had by all :D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Love how you combined this with PL format! Great job with the sketch and SYS challenge! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo great! Looove all the pics! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Scrap Your Story!

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.