Wednesday, March 13, 2013

the Mad Hatters...

This was so much fun! I go several times a year with my girls to different hat stores...this trip was when we were away in Hawaii this past Christmas with my husband's family...my adorable nieces are so photogenic anyway, but little Sadie was really enjoying this store AND Auntie Kristine taking so many photos of her too! It was nice to see my son Matthew getting into it too, seeing as he's usually not interested in joining me and the girls for our shopping trips throughout the year!


This week's sketch from Let's Scrap was a great fit for all these photos...and all the embellishments from my package of Pink Paislee 'Portfolio' collection worked great to jazz this page up!


I love to use my Sizzix to cut felt! and these bits are a perfect addition to add some more texture to this layout!


I added some more of those Close To My Heart wooden shapes from the 'garden collection' because I like these kinds of flowers...not the other kinds ;) and if you noticed, I had to 'make' a second letter 't' from a 'L'...pretty sneaky of me huh?!!!

Here's the sketch:


You might have also have noticed that I made this sketch work for me...make sure you use your sketches as starting off points and don't worry about every little detail...these sketches are here to help you get creative, not for you to worry about following perfectly! that is if you don't want too!!!

Thanks so much for stopping in today, I hope you have a crafty day!


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and I love the monochromatic colours. Great design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy about this layout! Wonderful bits & pieces & love the hats! Really fabulous details...love the Washi tape, too! Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eniko! When you really love the photos, it makes the layout come together so easily!

      Delete
  3. Lol... my daughter loves to play with hats too... wherever we go she will find the hats and she looks so good in them too :D love this layout honey. Hope you are doing ok and hanging in there. Despite all that is going you are scrapping up some seriously gorgeous layouts :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristine I love all of the small details you added with the embellies. I would have never thought of using felt on a layout. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very fun layout. My kids loved trying on hats in the stores. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.