Friday, January 20, 2012

It's been a while since I've shared some of my layouts for the fun of it! 
After my weekend away at the Ultimate last weekend, a very snowy weekend away, I had a great time and I also did a little scrapbooking ;)


All the photos are from our recent trip to the Barcelo resort south of Cancun, the Polé ruins are located on the Xcaret grounds. Xcaret was a fun place to explore with lots of natural and cultural activities to see and do! I've use a Let's Scrap sketch for this one (5-4-11).


I am still loving CTMH's cork alphabet...inked in Cocoa above...


I had to do a layout with photos of all the Iguanas we saw at Xcaret and everywhere we went! These are just six different Iguanas we came across here and there at the Xcaret park...the guy on the far left actually charged at me! 


One of the challenges my friend Sandra and I had for each other this past weekend was to try to use up random items in our stash...add a brad to each layout was one of the challenges we had for ourselves...myself, I don't feel like the layout is complete unless it contains a brad or button, twine or ribbon or fabric of some sort (crocheted flower)...lots of layers :) The Iguana-Ville layout was inspired from a Valerie Salmon sketch I came across.


Using up some of the CTMH corrugated shapes...inked again in Cocoa :)


I love the texture you get when you layer different products; crocheted flower, paper stickers and epoxy brads.

3 comments:

  1. Great layouts! Even if the position of the clip is slightly offkilter on the first one. JK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Sandra! I thought you pre-approved that one! Got Brads?

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.