Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Frosted Designs challenge blog

Back again with another challenge blog I have stumbled across...this one is called Frosted Designs and they offer up three challenges a month, all due at different times through the month if you are wanting to participate in their contests to win stuff!!!

This is their Fabulous Friday Challenge from March 2nd:

Incorporate Numbers any way you'd like on any type of project...this is what I've done with their challenge...what will you do?


LAYOUT #1
This page was created using bits and pieces left over from past projects and I've used a sketch from Let's Scrap :) The creme coloured numbers on the black banner on the RHS is actually an overlay on top of some PP...just bits I had left over :)


I've used papers and these cardstock stickers from Bo Bunny and a mixture of old stuff from my never-ending stash :) 

The corrugated shapes are from Close To My Heart, star brads and document tag are from ??? in my stash and the bingo card is from Jenni Bowlin.

The base pages are Basic Grey's Neutral collection and the title is from American Crafts (super old foam stickers...they were all un-stuck from the sheet and I had to glue these babies onto my page!)
LAYOUT #2 
I started working on this layout at a '20 Layouts' Class taught by Jennifer Edwardson at Cherish the Thought (LSS)...check out her blog HERE...the concept behind her class is to use up your scraps...so most of her layouts are designed around using 3-5 pieces of leftover PP's and CS...except you don't see what it will look like until you get to class...she just sends you what you need for each kit/layout...very cool concept and a very FAST paced class...you get about 20-30 minutes a LO and if you are lucky and super fast and organized, you might even finish it in class!

ME = not so much...all my layouts are in the to-be-finished pile and I am plugging away at them :)

The kraft border bits you see are all Close To My Heart and the 'hi', screw top brads and tag are from the bin in my room and I have no idea where I got those guys from :)

I cut the male/female image from my PP...the tag was a great find and very fitting seeing as it was extremely hot for these boys to be playing Baseball mid-day or 'High Noon' as the title tells...I went into the Farmer's Almanac site and looked up the temperature in this area on this date in 2009! Cool huh?!!! and of course I always have extra photos I can cut up of any given event, so the tiny picture on his Press Tag :) was just cut down from a 4X6 photo

LAYOUT #3
You got it! My son was pitching in the first inning of the Semi-Final Provincial Championship game and was hit by a line drive to the head! Pretty freaky, but being the quick thinking Mom that I am, and knowing that I wasn't allowed on the field anyways, I grabbed my camera and took a picture!!!

Now if I looked on the back of this tag before adhering it, I could tell you who's it is...my guess is that it is from My Mind's Eye...but it was the perfect backdrop for the title...the folded ribbon, kraft zig zag strip and corrugated stars as well as the pewter brads are all Close To My Heart.

You can see the sheen on this clear overlay by ???...as I said earlier...I'm using up my stash and can't see anywhere who's paper this is...all I know is that the distressed red is BoBunny :)


the numbers are from Jillibean Soup, kraft paper from CTMH and the black base is Bazzill

Thanks so much for hanging out with me...I hope you dig into your stash too and create something from this great challenge like I did!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You made it great and unique.I appreciate your works with originality. Keep up..
    Inkjet Paper

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.