Thursday, March 15, 2012

Monochromatic Challenge anyone???

Well, I'm trying to do a Monochromatic Challenge over at Let's Scrap for their month long challenge...click on Elizna Parsons Month long challenge here for rules etc.


Basically you need to use this sketch:

and you also need to:

  • choose one colour (varying shades are good)
  • use a large title
  • use a stamp
  • use a handmade embellishment (made by you) that matches your papers/layout/style
  • use your STASH, no new items
Anyways...I started one layout and I got a little side tracked because as I was trimming my photos and looking for paper I got on a roll...and in the end I can up with this:


Love how this turned out in the end even if I failed at the challenge :)
I still got 2 pages scrapped!!!

I added 3D foam to every other letter to add dimension and also to be able to fit this huge title on the right page :)

These were stickers I purchased to match this paper...I wanted to pop these off as well so I mounted them onto some patterned paper and inked the edges in Brown Bag ink
I wanted to add this title but it was lost on this patterned paper, so I chose another sticker from my sticker sheets and mounted these great alphabet letters to it :) 
More stickers...so glad to be using this old stash up! 

As you can see, I have one large title (check) and the basic sketch design is there...the papers are not Monochromatic (oops) and I used papers and embellies from my stash (check)...kinda made my own embellishments...I layered the stickers onto cardstock...not really handmade as per the challenge BUT this is a perfect example of how I got a double page layout completed using this challenge as a starting point...because in the end it really only matters that you are getting something done and using up your STASH :)

1 comment:

  1. Viva Mexico! And vivi YOU, Kristina! I would even care that got sidetracked, if this were my end result! Love it. These photos deserve NOT to be in a monochromatic layout! Another day, huh?

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.