Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St.Patrick's Day!!!

I know I should be posting something 'green' today, but I did post three cards and a layout in festive St. Patty's Day colours yesterday and now I'm all green'd out!

So I'm moving onto one of my favorite things...my niece!

As I'm sure you've gathered if you follow any of my posts, I am spending a lot of time creating layouts using photos from our Christmas/New Year's holiday to Mexico...

I have a habit of taking oodles of photos of any kinda event because, you know, it's digital!!! and of course the progression of my nieces hair braiding is no exception :)

In the creation of this layout, featuring a wonderful sketch from Let's Scrap, I was rummaging through my never-ending STASH for some pink papers. I actually do not have a ton of 'pinks' because my girls are no longer 'pink lovers' and I find that I scrap them in some of their favorite colours...anyways, I'm getting off topic :) I stumbled across 4 or 5 sheets of this Crate Paper 'Pink Plum' collection and luckily I also found the coordinating chipboard sheets I bought a very long time ago! 

I have to say if I was to instill any scrapbooking wisdom your way...when you purchase papers of a certain line, make sure you also get at least one coordinating embellishment...whether it is a  package of decorative brads or a sheet of chipboard bits, because when you do, it sure does make for a FAST layout...you don't need to labour over what matches what because the manufacturers have already done that for you!

I took a 4X6" piece of coordinating patterned paper and after typing up a quick journalling bit, ran it through my printer and I was done! Super fast, simple design using TEN photos! Take some time this week to do this sketch too!


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning creation. Love your take on the sketch. Beautiful colours and embellishing and of course the subject is so cute.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie in the photo's....a and a lovely and bright layout too!

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.