Friday, March 23, 2012

metal mouth

This layout has been sitting on my table in my studio for a couple days...I've been at the rink with my son for Goalie training and now we are in a Spring Break final Bantam tournament...so I'm trying to squeeze some 'me' time in :) Now this layout is the perfect example of why I love to buy those coordinating cardstock sticker sheets with paper collections...almost all of my embellishing was with those stickers...


This was a fun Let's Scrap sketch from last week and I was snooping around for some photos that were already printed and came across these pictures of my son getting his braces on! 
Seeing as he is my third and final child to go through braces, I was keen to take some photos of the process. I kept the appointment cards from his big day and wanted to include them somewhere so I tucked them into the file folders.


I dug into my stash for this one...old Basic Grey 'Granola' collection with the stickers...I also came across some of those Bazzill 'Just the Edge' cardstock strips (pre-cut border strips of different designs) which worked out great and of course was an instant black border along the bottom of both pages and one strip added a touch of black zig zag to the right page!


The shiny American Crafts chipboard alphabet sheet was great for the title and I thought it needed something on the top of the right page so I decided to add the date there...the dots and star also came from the alphabet sheet...easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this layout on the Let's Scrap site and just had to pop over to see the detail for which you have come to be know...and I am not disappointed. Braces are a "rite of passage" for many teens today, and you have beautifully documented this rite for your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Kay, all three of my kiddlies have had braces and I have taken photos of all of them, as my girls look back though they are mortified that I took so many photos and that I scrapbooked it!

      Delete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.