Thursday, March 8, 2012

Quick and Easy layout!

March challenges are all around me!!! Now I'd like to share those with all of you...hopefully you can play along this month!

Here is the H2H Scrapbooking challenge for February, I know it's March now, but what better way to showcase some Love...use this layout sketch to get 7 photos onto one page and use this heart as a fantastic background for your love of something :)



and this is what I did with this layout sketch :)

Products Used: CTMH Lagoon CS (giant heart), Magnifique PP, Grey Wool CS (scalloped border), Eclectic Alphabet inked with Lagoon ink, sewing machine and misc ribbons

As you can see I've matted my photos on white paper, but for a great tip, use printer paper instead of card stock as it is so much lighter and you really only need the white to off set your photos and create separation between them. 

I wanted to add a splash of colour! this striped ribbon from my bucket of ribbons worked great to do just that, I also wanted some more white and this unusual ribbon/yarn type thing was what I liked...it made me feel like it was mirroring the splash of water in the photos :)
If you like the simplicity of this layout then grab a couple scraps of paper and two sheets of cardstock and get going! This was super duper easy and fast...I just cut my heart out with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge (heart1) at 10½" and away I went!



1 comment:

  1. What a great adaptation of the sketch. Love how you tilted the heart, and the fun photos are set off so well by the white background and pretty paper and embellishments. Thanks for playing along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.