Monday, August 5, 2013

I {HEART} sketches

Greetings Scrappers!!!

It's Monday and that means I've got another great sketch for you. Scrapbook Challenges always has some of the best sketches and I'm enjoying my time on the Design Team there very much! 

I'm not sure if I've mentioned our Sizzlin' Summer of sketches to you all yet?!! If not, let me tell you there are many more sketches coming your way...a total of TWENTY (20) sketches coming everyday starting today until the end of August! Yeah, you read right...TWENTY sketches!!! Phew...that means a lot of layouts from me and hopefully it'll mean a lot of layouts for you too!!! 

Now I REALLY, REALLY want you to try to get at least one done this month and when I say one sketch I mean for those of you double-pagers...you know who you are...I want to see you try to do a single! Yup! a single page layout ladies...come on, you can do it ;)

This sketch is super easy in design, but if you click on over to Scrapbook Challenges and see what some of my fellow Design Team members have done, perhaps it'll spark your creativity...which, after all, is why we are here at Scrapbook Challenges !!!


Here's my take on this sketch using yet another surf photo but this time it's of my eldest daughter and I'm playing with the new Carta Bella papers 'Beach Boardwalk'...I picked up a handful of papers and a sticker sheet which has alphas, images and phrases...perfect for some summertime photos!


This sticker sheet has two different sized alphas and ready to go stickers, which when you want to get your layouts done quick...come in very handy!


Now if you've seen my layouts before, you know I LOVE wood veneer...I will buy it from any manufacturer...I'm not picky! The heart and arrow in this layout are from the 'trinkets wooden shapes' from Close To My Heart! LOVE them...


...57 mini stamp-able, laser cut wood shapes for $6.95...seriously awesome...the circle and bracket shapes are from Maya Road I believe...not 100% sure though as I tend to open the packages and put the bits into my embroidery floss container...


One of my all time pet peeves is getting the true colour of the papers and layouts right before posting here...I almost have it on these papers, but not quite...taking your photos outside during daylight hours out of the direct sun is best but no guarantee that the photos will show the colours perfectly ;( just your best bet in getting the best photos possible.

Thanks so much for stopping by today !


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fabulous layout and I love those beachy papers they are lovely. I agree with you on taking photos of your layouts. So difficult.... :D

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.