Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sizzlin' Summer Sketch #2

Welcome back! It's Scrapbook Challenges' Sizzlin' Summer sketch#2 today and I like this one...well I've liked all of the sketches so far this summer but this one got me thinking of all the 3x4 journalling and Project Life style cards that I have and so I wanted to try to incorporate one in the layout...as it turned out I used two!

I needed to move some of the design elements around a bit to work with this photo but I'd like to try this sketch again another day with a different photo as I really like the layout of it. 
My girlfriend and I were at a 'Use Your Own Product' workshop where we powered through making 20 layouts over 10 hours...we got a lunch and dinner break and I was almost able to complete all of them! I'm getting so much better at Jennifer's UYOP classes...this is my 4th time taking it!


I've grabbed some more of My Mind's Eye 'find your wings and fly' papers and stickers...this time I've trimmed a handful of the tickets from a 12x12 piece of paper from this collection...I thought it made a good embellishment and you know I'm all about using what I have!


I just picked up another Tim Holtz stamp set...was planning on using it with my Art Journal but pulled a couple thread spool stamps and added it to this layout...I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of that set!


The title was cut from my new CTMH Cricut cartridge 'Artbooking' which is exclusive to Close To My Heart and order-able through me if you LOVE it like I do! Only took a minute and I had a title ready to go...lovin' this new cartridge for scrapbooking, card making and mini-albums...just sayin'

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in today!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.