Monday, August 22, 2011

Abbotsford's Peewee AAA Provincial Champions!!!

Hello! I have to have a proud Momma moment right now and tell all of you what I've been up to for the past week...

My son's AAA Peewee Baseball team has been participating in the BC Provincial Championships since Thursday evening. They played Thursday evening, two games Friday and another game Saturday afternoon with the Semi-Final game Sunday morning and the Final game Sunday afternoon! Phew! loads of Baseball, great weather, lots of fun at the park with the boys and family and friends and in the end, our fabulous boys won the Provincial title!!! Woot woot!!!

These young men have been working hard since Spring ball started in April and I am so proud of how they all played and their exceptional sportsmanship...I know as a parent, that in the end it's moments like these that show us how great our kids are turning out in their journey to adulthood :)

For those of you following the Little League World Series in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania...then you have an idea of the excitement around these games. Now that our team has won the Provincials, they will go on to represent British Columbia in what's referred to as the Westerns...so now we are scrabbling to sort out accommodations and travel to Nanaimo, BC (luckily our province is hosting this year and our travel involves a ferry!) for this coming weekend! Thursday actually is our first game...

Here's some pictures of the boys and my son from the Provincial Championship games:


Matthew's favourite position on this team is catcher...


Yup, that's outta here! I was super proud of his first ever HOME RUN...over the fence baby!


It's fun to capture these boys at the ready...watching the play on third...leading off...ready to steal to home!


I love that my hubby has always been involved in Matthew's sports...this year he helped as Assistant Coach for his Spring and Summer ball season.






Off to the Western Championship now...Go ~Team BC~ Go!!!
Thanks for sharing in my pride and joy moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.