Saturday, August 6, 2011

August Challenge at Let's Scrap

Hello! I wanted to share my layout that I used in the August sketch challenge over at Let's Scrap.

I used photos from a school field trip my daughter went on many years ago...four years ago actually!

The class went to Fort Langley to visit the Fort Langley National Historic Site of Canada...a little about this place: Fort Langley is the exact location where, a century and a half ago, a huge fur trade organization called the Hudson's Bay Company established a small post to trade with the First Nations of the West Coast. The enterprise grew, evolved, and influenced history, leading to the creation of the colony of British Columbia!

This sketch challenge is going on for the entire month of August, click on over to the Let's Scrap site to find out what prize is up for grabs...here's the sketch:


I used some patterned script paper from Paper Reverie, that was in my stash, to cut all of these different flowers out using my *new 'Art Philosophy' Cricut cartridge from Close To My Heart...let me just say that I'm lovin' it!


This title block is on CTMH's new journalling spots, you get 12 folded envelope/pouches with a co-ordinating tag inside...on this one I attached the layout title to the envelope and stamped onto the tag so I can add my journalling...the word 'History' was inked in Cocoa onto our *new cork alphabet stickers! lovin' them too!


Here's my take on this Becky Fleck sketch:


I didn't take a close up of the alphabet border stamping but I've used CTMH's new stamp set 'Vintage Type'...might be lovin' this one too!


I decided to use the back of the tag to add yet another photo of this event.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love the close ups! Great work again :) You have such amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all the detailed shots of your layout Kristine, it gives you such a different perspective on the page. This is just FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.