Monday, August 1, 2011

A Journey of a Thousand Miles...

I wanted to share a layout I did for my daughter's last year at A.S.I.A. (Abbotsford's School of Integrated Arts) She has decided to change schools for her senior year's and this June was the time to say good-bye to her school, all the other students and teachers she's had for the past four years and to also say good-bye to a special friend that is moving to Alberta.

I wanted to use this past week's sketch at Let's Scrap:


This is what I came up with:


 I love this title...I used an overlay from K&Company, but the word 'journey' was creme and really faint, so I used my Exacto blade to trim it off and I replaced it with my favourite foam thickers instead...I also love what it means...her journey is just beginning...every step she has taken in her old school has prepared her for her new journey ahead...


The journalling tag is also from K&Company and I like that it folds open...


the cute little dotted lines and arrow are also a K&Company overlay


 I love this picture of Marissa and her very dear friend Calvin...it truly shows how at ease with each other they are...true blue friends

3 comments:

  1. What a great page!!! I had to come over and take a closer look as I thought these pictures were you at first! You have such a beautiful daughter and wonderful talent! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout, I love how you fixed up the title and that cool arrow. Your daughter is beautiful, just like her mother.

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.