Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I have a confession to make...

Ok, so yesterday I was out delivering a scrapbook order into Chilliwack for one of my customers and after talking with her...I decided to stop into Classics (the local scrapbook store there)...now if you've already read my previous post from early this morning, you'll have read that I haven't bought any more paper recently...not so true anymore!


I kept it at a reasonable total...not going to confess that, but I will tell you that I got 27 sheets of double-sided patterned paper, an alphabet sheet from Thickers in sunny yellow! a ribbon embellishment pack, some sort of fiber'y sand coloured dust stuff...? and some of those 12x12 cardstock sticker sheets that co-ordinate with the patterned papers...that's all I can remember right now because I was really quick in putting it all safely away in my stash containers...


Now I have to say that I created a layout right away with some of it later on last evening so that part is good news, because usually I like to purchase paper and let it sit and nicely 'age' for months on end...not so this time baby!



Now a couple general points of interest on this layout are firstly...that I crossed this bridge! and secondly, that I wanted to try to incorporate a collage image instead of same size photos...

I am a fan of the Scrapbooks Etc. webpage and on it you have sketches, much like the ones on Let's Scrap...but they also have loads of tips and tricks as well as loads of collage templates! So I opened up my Photoshop, dragged and dropped and trimmed and Voila! a collage to resize to 8"X10" and sent it off to Costco.ca to print...I could have gotten the same look with trimming my own photos, but then I'd had to have resized most of them to smaller image sizes and on this collage template you can easily zoom in or out on an image...I admit that Photoshop is a bit of a learning curve and I am in no ways any kind of expert...far from it...but I did manage to get this one done in an hour or so...
I've used a couple of the BoBunny Et Cetera sheet I just bought for the background and some more of the patterned Simple Stories Destination paper and card stock stickers for the ticket border, compass, flourish and tabs.


These tags and camera die-cuts were from the Making Memories Passport collection that I have hanging around...


Super cute certificate that they give you once you've gotten all your stamps at the different check points throughout the park...including the Bridge, Cliffwalk, Tree-top Adventure and Historic spots...


I am loving Close To My Hearts new cork alphabets...think I'll need to add another package to my shopping cart for my next order...I had this die-cut sheet in my Making Memories Passport stash as well and I inked it up considerably...along with all the other paper on this layout!


I wanted to add some journalling but as per usual, I don't always like to see it front and centre...so I dug into my journalling tag bin...yes I need an entire bin to store them all...and found this one :)


I mentioned in my previous post that I have been buying the co-ordinating 12x12 card stock embellishment sheets to some of the paper collections I've gotten recently...it sure does make short work on putting the finishing touches on some of these layouts...


It's hard to see in this photo of the photos in my layout, but at the Capilano Suspension Bridge park, they have an area where they teach us a thing or two! Here I've photographed the tags that are wrapped around these insanely huge and OLD trees...the top one is not really readable but it says: Douglas Fir...205FT tall...20FT circumference...1300 YEARS OLD! and the lower photo says: W.Hemlock...165FT tall...9FT circumference...300 YEARS OLD!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE it to bits! You photograph your pages so well Kristine. Hope you are having a nice weekend. Do you live close to any of the nasty weather that is hitting the US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rene! Luckily I live no where near all that nasty weather!

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT INFO

Hey all! I just need to make mention that all content is by me, unless otherwise noted
and I ask that you don't copy or re-create any of the artwork posted on here for submissions to contests, publication or profit. But feel free to "lift" for your own personal use, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Thanks.